Topic:   AWS services
Aug 07, 2021 06:26 7 Replies 75 Views SURYA

I am developing project using AWS services. In that I used VPC with NAT but it costs more,so for that i  have to reduce in costing and I found one solution that we can use interface endpoints but I am not sure with that .My doubt is Can I access internet like NAT uses and I am using third party services like google map.so, should I use interface endpoint? Can anyone please give suggestions on these.

Prev Next
Topic Replies (7)
  1. 1
    idnkx user

HARSHA

I am sorry to ask can you please tell me what is it that you are using the extra VPC, NAT, and gateway for that it justifies the cost in your project?

idnkx user

SURYA

Actually, NAT costs much ,generally it costs per hour, So these can be quite costly for me.

idnkx user

HARSHA

@surya But, yes, and there are many alternatives. If you will share what you are trying to do, it might be easier to suggest an alternative.

idnkx user

SURYA

@Harsha Yes , of course, I am developing an website using nodes backend and docker/terraform for deploy. And using ecs service of AWS. NAT is used for access internet like installing packages and also for using third party service like google map. All are working fine now but in AWS bill NAT cost is highest (per hour charge).so I have to reduce it.so for that i need alternative

idnkx user

HARSHA

And seems like a use case for AWS Fargate on a public subnet. The other option is create a VPC with both semi-public and semi-private subnets. Put a sock5 server on a nano instance in your semi-public subnet and run all your instances in the semi-private subnets and proxy traffic through your socks server.

idnkx user

SURYA

okay I will try these, thank you for sharing and its a very nice solution.

Leave a Reply
Guest User

Not sure what course is right for you?

Choose the right course for you.
Get the help of our experts and find a course that best suits your needs.

Let`s Connect